Saturday 5 September 2015

Sleek's Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette




Until I bought this palette, I did my contouring with a brown eye shadow. This was a little dark for me and while I could do it, it took a lot of blending and it wasn't really giving the sort of look I wanted because I was scared of putting too much on.

So I was actually on the look out for an eyeshadow with a lighter brown shade, when I came across these contour palettes by Sleek Makeup.  I thought there wouldn't be a contour palette out there for me because my skin is quite pale, so I thought all the shades would be too dark for me.  However, I noticed this palette was in 'Light' and when I tested it on my arm, I thought 'Yeah, this could work'.



I'm very pleased with the shades.  The brown is exactly the right colour for me, it's quite cool in tone, so it works well with my pink undertones.  The highlighter and blush work well too.  I think that overall it achieves a 'dreamy' sort of look, yet it's very subtle, which is perfect for that 'natural' look.

Before contouring
After contouring

























The only issue I would take is that the highlighter might give a shine that you might not want.  You can see this especially on my nose.  So I may still look out for a liquid highlighter that will give more of a matte finish.

Since my cheeks are really rosy, and this still shows through my foundation sometimes, I probably won't use the blush that much.  But it will be good for if I do have paler days or if I want an extra rosy look.

I added the blush in this photo.
I took these photos before doing my hair for the post below hehe.


What are your thoughts on this contour palette?  Have you used it?

If you liked this post, please don't forget to click 'Join this site' in the right sidebar or sign up for email alerts!

|*|

Photos by Hayley
Written by Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment