Wednesday 2 September 2015

September 1st mini haul

As I was passing through Cardiff yesterday, I stopped by to buy myself a few treats! 





I was aiming to get a pair of shoes, but nothing tingled my fancy enough.  However, I did get a book I've been intrigued by recently, which is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Rings. Here is the blurb:

A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. And a strange collection of very curious photographs. It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children;, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children who once lived here - one of whom was his own grandfather - were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a desolate island for good reason. And somehow - impossible though it seems - they may still be alive. A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.

Fascinating or what?! 




It's quite heavy for the size of the book. There are photos throughout the book, which are part of the story. I won't post them in case there are any spoilers. I really can't wait to get reading!


|*|

I had these two gel nail varnishes by Barry M. I haven't gotten around to using gel nail varnishes, as I've been living in a cave apparently, so I'm quite excited to see what they are like. 




The blue shade caught my eye right away because it's such a gorgeous colour. It was the last one left so I was lucky there!


|*|




I bought this contour palette by Sleek for light skin. I've previously done contouring with a brown eye shadow, but it takes a long time to blend because it's a little bit to dark for my skin really. So I'm hoping the shade in this set will be better. I'm also interested in trying out the highlighter shade and seeing what that's like.


|*|






I wasn't aiming to get any t-shirts, but when I saw these in Primark, I just thought they were amazing. I'm not normally one to get t-shirts with slogans on the front and such, but I love Disney and these sort of sum up my life.


|*|

Photos by Hayley
Written by Hayley


No comments:

Post a Comment